About Ashok Bharucha
At Transformations Adult and Geriatric Psychiatry, P.C., Ashok Bharucha, MD, MA, is the Geriatric Psychiatrist. He works at a private practice in Pennsylvania. As an expert in dementia and late-life disorders, Dr. Barucha is trained in adult and geriatric psychiatry as well as the management of conditions that cross over from neurology, medicine, and psychiatry to treat. He works to get the best results for his patients by combining psychotherapy and psychopharmacology (psychoactive medications) (talk therapy).
Dr. Barucha is the main doctor at Transformations Adult and Geriatric Psychiatry. He wants to build a collaborative relationship with each patient, one that not only improves each person's sense of well-being, but also helps them reach their full potential. His services are:
- Geriatric psychiatry: This is the branch of medicine that deals with the mental health of people
- Adult psychiatry is the study of how people think (for patients 18 and older)
- Psychopharmacology is the study of how drugs work on the brain (medication management)
- Psychiatric help:
One-on-one care: Ashok Bharucha, MD, MA, helps people with a wide range of problems, such as:
There are many types of anxiety disorders.
- Bipolar and other disorders
- Disorders of the mind that make you sad
- OCD is a type of mental illness that causes people to be very obsessed and very compulsive.
- Disorders on the Schizophrenia Spectrum
- Disorders caused by trauma and stress
- disorders that affect how you get to sleep
- The diagnosis of ADHD can be confirmed with cognitive tests if they are available.
- Psychiatric and medical problems
- Mood problems in later life
- Neurocognitive disorders, such as Alzheimer's disease, can make it hard for people to think.
Dr. Bharucha is thought of as a caring, thoughtful, and attentive person who wants to make sure each treatment meets the needs of each patient. Dr. Bharucha is an experienced adult and geriatric psychiatrist who looks forward to giving patients the professional help and support they need to keep exploring their own minds.
Ashok Bharucha has worked in the psychiatric field for more than 30 years, including 10 years as a geriatric psychiatric medicine practitioner.